Southern Coastal Cornbread Skillet
- 1 package of chorizo, sliced and chopped
- 1 cup of crab meat, chopped
- 1/2 pound of raw shrimp, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup of corn
- 2 tablespoons of seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cups of self-rising corn meal
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of chopped chives
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
How to make:
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
In a large cast-iron skillet or oven proof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium.
Saute together the first four ingredients until onions are translucent and shrimp are pink. Add in the seafood seasoning and corn. Remove from heat.
In a large mixing bowl, combine corn meal, milk, vegetable oil, and eggs until well blended. Pour corn meal batter over sauteed skillet ingredients.
Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
In a small bowl, combine sour cream, chives, and black pepper.
Slice and serve. Top with sour cream mixture.