- 2 pounds of shrimp, cooked, peeled, and deveined
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon liquid crab boil
- ¼ cup finely diced celery
- ¼ cup of peeled and finely diced cucumber
- Salt and pepper to taste
Chop the shrimp into 1-inch pieces. Mix together all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Southern Coastal Cornbread Skillet
- 1 package of chorizo, sliced and chopped
- 1 cup of crab meat, chopped
- 1/2 pound of raw shrimp, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup of corn
- 2 tablespoons of seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cups of self-rising corn meal
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of chopped chives
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
How to make:
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
In a large cast-iron skillet or oven proof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium.
Saute together the first four ingredients until onions are translucent and shrimp are pink. Add in the seafood seasoning and corn. Remove from heat.
In a large mixing bowl, combine corn meal, milk, vegetable oil, and eggs until well blended. Pour corn meal batter over sauteed skillet ingredients.
Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
In a small bowl, combine sour cream, chives, and black pepper.
Slice and serve. Top with sour cream mixture.
Southern Chicken Salad
- 2 cups of chicken, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 cup of grapes, sliced in quarters
- 1/2 cup of pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large croissants
How to make:
In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, celery, grapes, pecans, mayonnaise, pepper, and salt.
Slice the croissants in half, or use bread of choice.