Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
1 loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (16 oz.)
4 cups milk
3 large eggs, beaten
2 cups sugar
1 cup raisins
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
1⁄2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg, well beaten
2 tablespoons Bourbon
- Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- Combine bread and milk in a large mixing bowl; set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, sugar, raisins, butter and vanilla; stir well.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 3 quart casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour or until firm.
- Cool in pan at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Spoon into individual serving bowls; serve with Bourbon Sauce.
- Combine butter and sugar in a small saucepan; cook over medium, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves.
- Add egg, stirring briskly with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Cook over medium heat 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly; stir in bourbon.