Golden Corn Fritters
- 1 1/4 cups self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can corn, drained
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Heat oil to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal mix, flour, sugar, and salt. In a small bowl, combine milk and eggs. Add milk mixture to cornmeal mixture, stirring well. Stir in butter and corn.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a Dutch oven, or use a deep-fryer. Drop by tablespoons into hot oil. Cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels.