No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
1⁄2 cup butter
1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
1⁄2 cup milk
4 tablespoons cocoa
1 pinch kosher salt
1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter (or chunky but is seems to make a more crumbly, dry cookie)
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups dry quick-cooking oats
- Add the first six ingredients into a 4-quart sauce pan.
- Bring to a rolling boil and hold for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter into the hot mixture and stir until melted.
- Add in vanilla. (almond extract is good also, but I only use 1/2 teaspoon almond extract with 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract).
- Mix in the dry oats until they are completely coated.
- Drop cookies by tablespoonfuls onto wax paper.
- Let cool until set.