- 8 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 drops bottled hot sauce
- sliced green onions optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towel, reserving one tablespoon drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon; set aside. Stir bread crumbs into the reserved drippings. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and chill until needed.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate; set aside. In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a fork until foamy. Stir in crumbled bacon, hash brown potatoes, Swiss cheese, cottage cheese, milk, 1/4 cup green onions, salt, black pepper, and hot sauce. Pour mixture into the prepared pie plate. Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours.
- Sprinkle pie with bread crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 325 degree oven for about 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. If desired, sprinkle pie with additional sliced green onions. Makes 6 to 8 servings.