- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup cold coffee
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 cup of espresso powder
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 9-inch ready made pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Make coffee syrup by whisking brown sugar and coffee until sugar has dissolved and mixture has reduced by one-third. Cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter, sugar, espresso powder, and vanilla together. Mix in three eggs, then stir in the cornmeal, salt, and heavy cream until smooth.
- Slowly stir in the egg mixture with the coffee syrup until combined. Pour the filling into the pie shell, which is on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Beat the last egg and brush it along the edge of the pie.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 40 minutes. Let cool. Cut and top servings with whipped cream. You will think you have died and gone to heaven.