- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, butter, water, and cornstarch. Bring to a full boil, and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Gradually beat in cooked syrup mixture. Stir in salt, vanilla, and pecans. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until filling is set.
I’m making this recipe for the first time. Do you need all the sugar to dissolve in the pan before incorporating with the eggs?
P.S. I love your books!
Yay! I’m so excited to hear you are making this! I generally melt all the sugar. Whisk it until it’s smooth and then add it to your beaten eggs. I hope this helps! And I’m so happy to hear you love my books. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Best message to wake up to today. ❤