Grilled Summer Fruit Cobbler
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 12 ounces sliced peaches
- 12 ounces of mixed berries: blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries.
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Combine pinch of salt with the next seven ingredients in a large bowl, stirring gently until well blended. Pour into a buttered 10-inch cast iron skillet.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and remaining pinch of salt in a medium bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until coarse crumbs form. Add cream, and stir just until mixture forms a soft dough. Spoon topping over berry mixture.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, 25 to 30 minutes or until fruit bubbles and topping is cooked through. Makes 6-8 servings.